EMPOWERgmat Slider

Best admission consultant companies?

This topic has 1 expert reply and 32 member replies
Goto page Previous
Junaid38 Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Posted:
2 messages
Post Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:24 pm
While shortlisting the schools, I realized that my essays need to be crafted in an outstanding manner. My standardised test score was not in a high percentile, so I have to write a killer essays. I did my research about available admission consultants, and talked to them over the phone and emails, but no one was as convincing as Scott was. He is very enthusiastic, friendly, and intelligent. Furthermore, he is always reachable to give feedback and critique your application. With his help and guidance, I was admitted to UCLA- Anderson School of Management- Interestingly, this was the first school I applied, and I got an admit. I highly recommend MBA/MSBA aspirants to go for Personal MBA Coach.

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!
akashrungta Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Posted:
2 messages
Post Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:38 pm
I took the comprehensive school package with Scott. Since I had already created a shortlist of my schools, we concentrated more on essays/application content and interviews. The overall experience with Scott was excellent! With his help, I got into two of my dream schools (INSEAD + LBS).
I started preparing for applications pretty late (mid August with September timelines). This plus a demanding job meant I was working late in the night on applications and needed someone who could help me finish the applications in such short time with quick turnarounds. Scott exceeded these expectations and was as invested in my applications as I was! There were times when he replied to my mails with edits/quick responses within hours. I would send him content at 3AM in the night and he would respond by the time i woke up in morning and then I would take up the version control from there.
He is excellent at essays. He has a no BS approach to essays and when I compare the first and last version of my essays, I can see a huge difference. He gave direct and honest feedback on my essays and helped me craft my story well. His focus was not on completing the applications, but on making them perfect. This helped me create really amazing essays, resume and overall application.
If I have to compare him to other consultants (based on my initial free consultations and feedback from multiple other friends who used other consultants), I would say Scott is much better, personalized and invested in your applications/success than other consulting companies.
One important thing - Scott is great for essays/applications/interview prep/recommendation letter strategy. However, if you are looking for someone who provides you with a lot of content (e.g. pdfs about schools, resume writing document etc) like other big name consulting companies, you may need to look for someone else. I personally was able to research well using all the free content from the internet. All other things - Scott and I ran the show together!

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Jannicke Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
2 messages
Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:32 am
Review for PERSONAL MBA COACH - Scott Edinburgh

When I decided to apply to Bschool, I knew that I needed some extra support. After some research, I found Personal MBA Coach and had a chat with Scott. He was friendly, genuinely interested, and understood where I was coming from and my needs.

Scott was so helpful and open from the beginning and constantly challenged me. He critiqued my essays and references with great detail and endless patience. I have an unconventional background and was very unfamiliar with this kind of process; Scott helped me to pull out the right elements of my background and experience and convey it in the ''Bschool way''.
I had a low GMAT score for the schools I applied to and there's no way I would've gotten into LBS without Personal MBA Coach's continuous support, flexibility, advice and patience. I even got a scholarship from one of the schools I applied to! It was great to work with Scott - fun, interesting, and a great learning experience.

Thank you Scott!

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
MBA Ivy Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Posted:
43 messages
Followed by:
2 members
Upvotes:
Post Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:20 am
Check out www.MBAIvyLeague.com. Run by a former Harvard admissions interviewer and Harvard grad, we specialize in helping clients get in to the "Top Ten" schools!

*Also, much less expensive than other admission firms if you go with one of our packages!

ttps://postimg.org/image/5obzuc3gp/" target="_blank">

Looking for help on this year's MBA applications? I'm a former Harvard admissions interviewer and Harvard graduate. Check out my blog for great MBA advice and tips, or contact me for a free consultation today! www.MBAIvyLeague.com

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag

Best Conversation Starters

1 Roland2rule 161 topics
2 lheiannie07 110 topics
3 ardz24 56 topics
4 LUANDATO 53 topics
5 Vincen 50 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow

GMAT Prep Now Teacher

151 posts
2 image description Jeff@TargetTestPrep

Target Test Prep

145 posts
3 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

114 posts
4 image description Rich.C@EMPOWERgma...

EMPOWERgmat

111 posts
5 image description Scott@TargetTestPrep

Target Test Prep

98 posts
See More Top Beat The GMAT Experts