Baruch vs. Zicklin - Need some advice

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Baruch vs. Zicklin - Need some advice

by zarimi » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:16 pm
Hi All!

So, I need some advice. I JUST found out I got into the Baruch Zicklin Full Time Honors MBA Program (woot!) Recently, I was also admitted to the Rutgers School of Management and Labor Relations, for an MS (in Human Resources Management)

GMAT: 610
GPA: 3.45

Now, I'm trying to decide between and MBA and MS, and if there really is a difference. Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get more information about the schools and which is better?

I know the Zicklin Program is good, but does anybody have details? Does anyone have any experience with them?

Thank you so much for listening, and best of luck to everyone still waiting!!

by ElmoTheElk » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:11 pm
Hi~

Congrats on Zicklen Honors MBA. I too just was notified on admittence to the Honors MBA.

I don't know much about the Rutgers Program, but I know Baruch offers all Honors students a partial scholarship. Which is a plus.

Also it depends on what you are doing. If you are doing accounting Baruch is excellent and is reknown for its CPA program as well. You'll get certified as you complete your MBA. The Financial program is not as competitive against NYU and Columbia of course, but it's the third option in NYC as far as Finance goes. Fordham is another one, but are not as good comparing it strictly to the Honors MBA program.

An MBA vs a MS really depends on where you want to go. If you want to stay in a more analytical and research driven field within business, then an MS may be sufficient, or followed by a PH. D. But an MBA is better suited if you were to look at business management and development.

I'm no expert however, and these are my thoughts. Unless by some miracle I get an acceptance letter from Columbia in the next two weeks, I will likely be attending Baruch in the Fall. Maybe I'll see you there~

Scholarship

by lydial » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:16 pm
Hi guys!
Congrats on getting in Baruch's honors MBA program. Did you receive any scholarships? Would you mind telling me how much funding you received? I am just weighing my options.
Thanks!