Are the CATs in the 2005 and 2006 Kaplan and PR different?

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Hi all,

I'm have the 2005 versions of the:

*Princeton Review (Cracking the GMAT) book which came with 4 CATS on a CD.

*Kaplan GMAT book which came with 4 CATS on a CD

I'm wondering whether it is worth buying the 2006 edition. I am especially wondering if the CATs on the 2006 version will are different. I've done the CATs on the 2005 edition and need more pratice exams.

Maths is my weakest area and I am wondering whether to also buy the Princeton and Kaplan maths workout books. Will they help explain the concepts to get over 700 on the GMAT.

Thanks for your help

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members
GMAT? wrote:Hi all,

I'm have the 2005 versions of the:

*Princeton Review (Cracking the GMAT) book which came with 4 CATS on a CD.

*Kaplan GMAT book which came with 4 CATS on a CD

I'm wondering whether it is worth buying the 2006 edition. I am especially wondering if the CATs on the 2006 version will are different. I've done the CATs on the 2005 edition and need more pratice exams.

Maths is my weakest area and I am wondering whether to also buy the Princeton and Kaplan maths workout books. Will they help explain the concepts to get over 700 on the GMAT.

Thanks for your help
If you all ready have the books, I would just stick to those--the content should not be much different from the 2006 editions.

With regards to improving math--I recommend heavily emphasizing OG in your practice; I think that the Kaplan Math Workbook and Kaplan 800 books would be good for you to help you explain math concepts.

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Community Manager

by ianstrike » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:57 pm
Actually the 2007 editions are oout. The principal TPR difference is that Princeton's 2007 book has the tests on their browser.

The 2005 edition (as were all previous) of the Kaplan CD was clunky in terms of navigating around. However, as best as I can tell the questions and tests are unchanged.

I agree with Eric; stick with the Cds that you have; the changes are relatively trivial.
Ian Streicher