Any chance getting into Harvard or Sloan ?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Any chance getting into Harvard or Sloan ?

by thkhoury » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:57 am
Hello,
I apologize in advance for the vague question above, I will try to elaborate as much as I can.

1.1 GMAT 740 (I haven't taken the GMAT yet, but i am targeting 740 at least)

1.2 University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, ma
â—� M.S in structural engineering, 2014, GPA 3.7/4.0
â—� B.S. in civil engineering, 2011, GPA 3.6/4.0

1.3 Engineering related experience:
I currently work at a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures, building enclosures, and materials. My work constitutes about 70% investigation and 30% design. My typical duties at work includes design and preparation of construction documents, and drawings management and production. I have prepared forensic investigation reports for various public and private projects including providing litigation support. I have a good background in forensic investigation. I have worked on claims ranging from $10,000 to $20,000,000,000. In fact, I just wrapped up a case that involved a 55 million dollar law suit. I worked on this case solely with the principal in charge and we got the other party to settle in 3 months.

1.4 Business related experience:
â—� Founder and owner of xxx Inc. (2011-2014); frozen yogurt and crepes
â—� Founder and owner of ifixiphone online stores (2008-2011)
â—� Manager and car inspector at xxxx gas station, New Bedford, ma (2007-2011)
â—� Car dealer, USA-xxx & USA-Africa routes (2007-2012)

1.5 Extracurricular Activities during College
"¢None: That's probably Red Flag # 1, but let me explain.

o Short story: I had to work on average 65 hours/week throughout college, to survive and help my family
(parents and siblings) survive. If you are interested to know more please send me a private email, and
I will send you the full story.

1.6 Extracurricular Activities Back Home
o 4 years boys scout - I did a lot community activities that involved but not limited to planting trees,
collecting trash, helping kids with need, organizing Christmas parties for the poor and so on.
o Two times Mount xxx Trap Shooting Champion
o Two times Mount xxx high school basketball league champion
o I started working by the age of 14. By the age of 16 I was operating heavy duty machinery (not sure how is
that legal? welcome to undeveloped countries) such as but not limited to dumb trucks, wheel loader,
caterpillar 225 hydraulic excavator, 10 tons vibratory roller, and so on.

1.7 In the current time
o Full time engineer
o Working on a startup up in the food and tech industry. We are still at the planning level.

Thank you for your time, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Any chance getting into Harvard or Sloan?