Answer explanations for CD companion 2009 premier edition

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I have a Kaplan CD companion for GMAT 2009 premier edition from my
purchase of the book. After I complete a CAT test on the CD is there
there a way to see which questions I specifically got wrong. Are answer explanations provided for each question I do in the quant and verbal sections? I can't seem to find them if they are available. After I complete a test I have the score report etc and a button that says explain answers which I click on...however it only has a model answer for the essay and after reading that I only have the choice to click on main and return to the main menu rather than review the remaining questions I got right/wrong. The answer explanations is vital...and I want to know if there is somethign wrong with my software?

Thanks

Jake

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:3 members

by vidabella417 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:25 am
Dear Jake,

Thanks for choosing Kaplan!
Here's how to review the answer explanations for the practice sets and the full-length CATs on your CD:

When you've selected the set or CAT from the "GoTo" menu, a box will ask you if you want to "reset the test" or "view the results". Select the "view the results" option and click OK. When you are in the "view the results" page, you'll see "Section 1"---this is your answer to the first essay prompt.

To see the answer explanations for the other sections, go to the task bar that runs across the top of the screen and click on the option that says "Explanations." Because the task bar is gray, the "Explanations" option seems like it's inactive, but it isn't!

When you click on "Explanations" you'll actually see a menu with 4 options: Section 1, Section 2, Section 3, Section 4. Sections 1 and 2 are the essays, the math section is Section 3, and the verbal is Section 4.

I hope this is helpful, and I wish you the best of luck on your exam!

Sincerely,

Monica P. Lugo
Editor - Kaplan Publishing

--

We build futures one success story at a time. Visit us at www.kaplanpublishing.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by hood338 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:15 am
Thank you very much! That was very helpful indeed, I found the answer explanations now!