Alternative Funding For An MBA Program

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Alternative Funding For An MBA Program

by MBA Hopefl » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:02 am
Hello,

I'd like advice on alternative ways to fund an MBA program. Fafsa is currently not an option for me and I do not have a co-signer for a private loan. Are there any other ways for me to pay for an MBA once scholarship/grant money is exhausted?

Are there any programs I can apply to that may not have as stringent credit criteria for funding as a student applying on their own without a co-signer?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:13 am
You should definitely consult the financial aid page of every school that you are targeting.

Schools allocate a certain percentage of scholarships based on merit. Some schools have regionally focused scholarships. Others have teaching assistant and other opportunities for you to pay for your education. Most schools, but not all, have options for students without a co-signer.

So, for example, Darden has an "Options for International Students" link. Click https://www.darden.virginia.edu/web/MBA/ ... -Programs/ and then on the third tab.

Best of luck,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.