Admissions Help

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Admissions Help

by illuminati5288 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:46 pm
Hi Everyone.

I just gave the GMAT on Monday and got a 590. It's not a great score and I'll probably give it again. Just wanted your inputs on schools.

I got my undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering in India. I then got my Master's in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. I have been working in the auto industry for the past 3 years.

I've been thinking of the weekend program at Ross. I've also been considering Berkley, UT Austin and ESADE Barcelona.

Do you think I should take a chance and apply with this score or apply after I retake the exam?

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:19 am
If you really think, with great preparation, you can significantly improve your score, you absolutely should. cheers, Alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:38 am
I think you should retake the test to improve your odds. Applications take lot of time, and you would ideally want to spend this time knowing that your test score won't pull down your odds.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
--------------------------------------
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis

GMAT/MBA Expert

Followed by:11 members

by Donna@Stratus » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:24 pm
illuminati5288 wrote:Hi Everyone.

I just gave the GMAT on Monday and got a 590. It's not a great score and I'll probably give it again. Just wanted your inputs on schools.

I got my undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering in India. I then got my Master's in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. I have been working in the auto industry for the past 3 years.

I've been thinking of the weekend program at Ross. I've also been considering Berkley, UT Austin and ESADE Barcelona.

Do you think I should take a chance and apply with this score or apply after I retake the exam?
I would not go near Ross with the 590 nor Haas. Might look at UT Austin and ESADE but I suggest you first give the GMAT another go if this is just the first time you have taken it. Many of my clients have made strong improvements in their subsequent testing. Good luck!
Thanks

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by illuminati5288 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:34 pm
Hi Everyone. Thanks for your inputs.

I've decided to give the exam again, since it was my 1st time.

Hopefully the score should improve.

Thanks once again.