admission in hec-paris

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

admission in hec-paris

by mysiddharth » Tue May 06, 2014 3:40 am
i just gave GMAT and scored 680 and for my graduation i have done civil engineering from a
private college and have CGPA 6\10 .SO the question i want to ask is that to i own a chance to
get admission in HEC PARIS for master in finance programme (which doesn't need work experience)
Since because in have i thing for hec paris so do you suggest me to retake the gmat....And
what about any other top B-schools for master in finance
1.Essec Business School
2.IE Business School
3.Edhec Business School

and one more thing is that in this programme of master in finance these school do not need experience they give admission on the basis of undergraduate grade and extra curricular activities so could you tell me which curricular activities do count in this admission criteria and how can i improve them to get a greater chance of admission...
RSVP

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Wed May 07, 2014 7:40 pm
Hi there,

Well the average for incoming students at the Masters in Finance at HEC was 710 recently, so you are within the ballpark, but if you have the chance to re-take and feel you can do better, you could always give it a try and see.

As for extracurricular activities, almost anything would 'count', you just want to choose 1-2 activities you are genuinely interested in and get involved; community experience and volunteering are certainly a plus.

Good luck to you!
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders