Accepted at Utah!

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Accepted at Utah!

by utdrub » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:17 pm
Accepted to Eccles School of Business! (Scholarship of some level being discussed)

Interviewed at TCU today (will tell in the next few days)
Flying to CU Boulder, DU, and UBC (Vancouver) in 2 weeks for interviews

Haven't heard from Washington

brief bio
3.6 ut-austin (kinsiology /sport mgmt)

4 years split managing a golf course and teaching high school math

Hopefully I'll have a decision made by spring break, but thought I would share so far!

Community Manager
Followed by:27 members
GMAT Score:710

by dmateer25 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:10 pm
Congrats on the admit and best of luck to you with the other schools!

by MoeLuvsMoney » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:48 pm
Congrats! Would love to see a debrief on CU and DU interviews once you get back.

by utdrub » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:42 am
Accepted at TCU as well with a partial. I will gladly update this after my trip, and get the feeling my decision might be factored by money in the next 3 weeks. Staying in Fort Worth with the low cost of living and great business network is probably the smartest decision of all those schools, but it'd be hard to pass up $ and a chance to move to Denver/Salt Lake/Vancouver. I've reached out to the Texas Exes to find out what the climate is like regarding business/mba/schools in those cities.

by utdrub » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:49 pm
DU- I Interviewed with Tara and it went really well I felt. I personally do not get nervous for interviews, but found most of the questions very typical and really had a chance to express myself. She told me up front that she had not seen any of my application, so it was pleasant to start from scratch. Overall, it ran about 30 min, and I spent another 30-40 chatting with Asst. Dean David Cox. I am still a little uncertain in regards to the financial aspect, but I really liked how small the campus was and the private setting (also being in the city is a + for me).

Boulder- Was exactly what I expected, and would still put this as my top choice. I interviewed with Lindsay Field and feel that I already knew a lot about the school/location as I've spent a lot of time in Denver. I still feel that it fits my style, and reminds me a lot of Austin. She also had little information from my application, so I had a chance to talk about myself and my experience, goals, reason for applying there, etc. This is really where I want to be, so it just comes out naturally when given the chance. I walked campus for a few hours and went "on the hill" for some food after the interview. I've also heard it's a very intensive program (obviously what I want), has a large alumni base (also good to go along with my UT undergrad), and is a feeder to the Denver hub that I want. I know there is a part of me that would feel unsure about not taking the tcu offer, but relocating is my main objective and Colorado is number 1 on my list. Money will always play a factor, but I can say that I very happy with everyone there and the overall atmosphere.

The weather in Denver was amazing for me, and I just get really excited about being back in the classroom when I'm on each campus. I hope to get this all figured out by April 1st, so I hope it all works out. Let me know if you want anymore information. I'm stuck in DIA right now waiting to fly to salt lake city for an all day tour tomorrow, and leaving salt lake at 5pm for vancouver (ubc interview friday). I've got a lot to think about and a huge decision, but it all seems to be working out right now.

by MoeLuvsMoney » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:58 pm
Big congrats again, utdrub. And thanks for the interview debrief.

It is always better to make a tough decision between many good options than to have only poor options, or none at all.

Keep us posted!

Cheers!