PrepScholar GMAT

Accepted at Hult Boston class of 2013

This topic has 61 member replies
Goto page Previous Next
HULT_Alumnus Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
3 messages
Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:21 pm
I agree with Sumbhar … but I have a question to him / her.
For every INPUT there is ought to be an OUTPUT, if HULT education quality is so good, then y the industry acceptance of HULT in the industry is so BAD / almost negligible.
I know HULT alumnus from 2004 batch onwards … few of them were in Deans list through out.. non of them are satisfied ..last 2 years batch are still struggling to get a decent job…. Many of them are still unemployed….moreover everyone of them are pissed off from HULT …
Go and check how weak your HULT Alumnui network is……. And if it is strong then I don’t see anyone in this forum defending HULT … but many of them who are posting seems it be unhappy…
It is very easy to defend … your short comings … but what difficult is to accept it and work towards eliminating them…. I haven’t seen anything happening from HULT to work on improving the corporate relation.. infact career services SUCKS… even your leadership team including Mukul Kumar & Stephen Hodges is not worried and bothered about it.
Sumbhar you are correct no marketing works if product is not good … if no corrective action is been taken to resolve the prevailing issues.. & if no efforts are taken to unite the HULT Alumnui network…… sooner or later you will experience the downfall in HULT intake
Hope HULT team will take the feedback from HULT Alumnui seriously and will work towards it , before it gets toooo late….
All d best…

Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!
sumbhar Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
3 messages
Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:24 pm
Hi.. may be yr frustration is right in yr sense but we need to see a big picture and a big picture is that success of school very much lies with the students and alumnus. like Rome was not build in day similarly everything big thing take time to build up. Hult is one of the fastest growing one year MBA college in the US and i can say this year it is widely recognized by industry around for their efforts in unique teaching methodology. Even students from ivy league find difficult to find jobs. you need to separate placements from learning and the opportunity school provides you to explore your strengths and weaknesses.

HULT_Alumnus Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
3 messages
Post Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:42 am
Sumbhar, i m not frustrated, and in every sense i m portraying the BIG PICTURE.

HULT / Arthur D Little School is a very very old school.... or atleast HULT is leveraging by stating it is an OLD School when it comes for marketing..... but the movement it is regarding Corporate relation or Alumni then make an excuse that they are a YOUNG School.... how hypocrite they are...

Again, i am not against HULT... being a HULT Alumni I CAN'T be .... but this a small effort ... so as the HULT leadership take corrective actions....

Rather than adding one campus every year they should now focus on improving corporate relations & career services.

eniac Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Posted:
13 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:33 am
I can tell you they are working on that, at least in the case of my campus here in SF. We have companies coming to our school couple times a week plus I've had on opportunity to visit some of them. I don't think everything is perfect here, nor I think this is the case in any school out there, but they are really working hard to improve everything they can in order to give us the best possible experience.

shashiingale Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
2 messages
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:31 am
I took admit to HULT Boston for MIB starting Sep- 2013, Please tell me if anyone is joining this college and let me know if we can start searching hostel or room to stay together ! Contact me +91-9890293941 / shashi.ingale@gmail.com

Posted:
13 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:08 am
@shashiingale

you will be added to a Facebook group with the rest of your class and then you would be able to look for the accommodation together w/ your colleagues . That's how we did it in San Francisco, and it is pretty fun, because you are able to work/study together with your roommates, plus it is much more interesting when you are not alone.

Monkey125 Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
3 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:04 pm
I wont ever recommend Hult mba. Friends in debt, very bad experience. Recruiters push, poor standards and english. Americans and british dont know the school and are the minority in class, for a good reason. Dont make same mistake as many did, including myself. For profit school, worst investment ever made. But your choice. Search for hult bad mba or hult bad experience or hult fraud, hult spam, hult scam in google and you'll find so much info. But your choice, time and money. Go on, destroy your future by joining these clowns!

Posted:
13 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:52 pm
Monkey125 wrote:
I wont ever recommend Hult mba. Friends in debt, very bad experience. Recruiters push, poor standards and english. Americans and british dont know the school and are the minority in class, for a good reason. Dont make same mistake as many did, including myself. For profit school, worst investment ever made. But your choice. Search for hult bad mba or hult bad experience or hult fraud, hult spam, hult scam in google and you'll find so much info. But your choice, time and money. Go on, destroy your future by joining these clowns!
Where did you study and when? You seem like a really angry guy as you went to all of the Hult related forums and posted the same thing. I don't think Hult is the best school out there, but I personally know that it is not that bad as you claim.

ANGRYSTUDENT Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
2 messages
Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:36 am
As someone who studied with HULT I feel I should let people know that it’s true that this school is a scam. Sales-people/recruiters are under a lot of pressure to recruit, otherwise they are fired - the result is that they recruit anyone and the appalling, hire and fire, corporate culture with no morals is ultimately why the school fails.

It sickens me that HULT paint themselves as philanthropists when the cash they donate for ‘the HULT prize’ is blatently used for marketing. HULT is like it’s parent company - EF (Education First), they have an immoral way of operating, trying to squeeze their customers as well as their staff for everything they’ve got, claiming charitable status and generally behaving in a dishonerable manner.

I sincerely regret attending HULT and this has been compounded by seeing how this morally corrupt organisation conducts itself.

On a positive note - I suppose they could improve but it would have to start with changing the ethos from making as much money as possible without considering quality, morals and how they treat both staff and students.

An MBA should be about learning about how to grow employees and creating sustainable, ethical organisations etc. It’s hard to hear this at the same time as studying at a morally bankrupt organisation.

Thanked by: andrewkao
Posted:
13 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 am
Obviously it is a same guy as in the previous post. Gosh...

Paul2017 Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
1 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:43 pm
I am one of those regretting joining hult. I wish i didnt have to come on here but i agree with all the ones that have negative feedback. Been scammed too. 45k hanging over me...awful feeling. i attended the hult prize regional and felt sick.Not sure how they can sleep at night. Heard some students have tried to sue them for false promises. Dont make the same mistake as me, this degree is worth nothing compared to others. Those who are leaving glowing comments are either delusional, and kidding themselves or hult are giving them incentives or they are hult sales staff in disguise. Ef education, hults parent company, are known for this. Think hard before you join a mba. I was reeled in way too eaisily by a very charismatic recruiter...

rshinde2013 Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
3 messages
Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:06 pm
eniac wrote:
Monkey125 wrote:
Where did you study and when? You seem like a really angry guy as you went to all of the Hult related forums and posted the same thing. I don't think Hult is the best school out there, but I personally know that it is not that bad as you claim.
I agree, I am doing MBA in Hult Boston and education experience is so far good and alos I know lots of student who did the course and many of the got job in US. It also depends on your prevous qualification and job experience and how you adpt to US business culture.

Thanked by: eniac
rshinde2013 Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
3 messages
Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:16 am
Paul2017 wrote:
I am one of those regretting joining hult. I wish i didnt have to come on here but i agree with all the ones that have negative feedback. Been scammed too. 45k hanging over me...awful feeling. i attended the hult prize regional and felt sick.Not sure how they can sleep at night. Heard some students have tried to sue them for false promises. Dont make the same mistake as me, this degree is worth nothing compared to others. Those who are leaving glowing comments are either delusional, and kidding themselves or hult are giving them incentives or they are hult sales staff in disguise. Ef education, hults parent company, are known for this. Think hard before you join a mba. I was reeled in way too eaisily by a very charismatic recruiter...
Why you are so frustrated with the school, you did not get a job after MBA. Is that the reason.

Bostonstrong Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
1 messages
Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:50 pm
Hearing applicants are given huge scholarships before they take the gmat, so theyre not accepted yet, just to try and trap them. And theyre only asking for a 450 score, i assume if you score 400 they'll take you. Wonder how those who scored in 600 to 750 feel about that, and about their own scholarship package?. Then think about a strong 20% of the classroom and the rest full of incompetent students with low level verbal/quant, good luck in your teams and learning from peers. afraid it that time of year where hult becomes desperado and open up the flood gates! Targets and Bonuses to hit. They dont care about standards. Cash is king.

Posted:
13 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Post Wed May 01, 2013 10:30 pm
Bostonstrong wrote:
Hearing applicants are given huge scholarships before they take the gmat, so theyre not accepted yet, just to try and trap them. And theyre only asking for a 450 score, i assume if you score 400 they'll take you. Wonder how those who scored in 600 to 750 feel about that, and about their own scholarship package?. Then think about a strong 20% of the classroom and the rest full of incompetent students with low level verbal/quant, good luck in your teams and learning from peers. afraid it that time of year where hult becomes desperado and open up the flood gates! Targets and Bonuses to hit. They dont care about standards. Cash is king.
I would agree with this one, especially with the fact people with 450 score were accepted. As far as I know average score is 640, check some of the independent sources if you are not sure. I don't want to say there are no less competent students, but is there any school that doesn't have them?

Best Conversation Starters

1 LUANDATO 157 topics
2 lheiannie07 87 topics
3 Roland2rule 75 topics
4 ardz24 64 topics
5 AAPL 58 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description EconomistGMATTutor

The Economist GMAT Tutor

163 posts
2 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

133 posts
3 image description Jay@ManhattanReview

Manhattan Review

128 posts
4 image description Rich.C@EMPOWERgma...

EMPOWERgmat

121 posts
5 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow

GMAT Prep Now Teacher

100 posts
See More Top Beat The GMAT Experts