A read mark or sign of a post

Have suggestions to improve this community?
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member

A read mark or sign of a post

by real2008 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:53 pm
As currently a mark or symbol appears beside a new-launched post for the day, thus helping to identify the new post easily, similarly a provision of marker or symbol showing posts that are already read by the signed in member will greatly help him or her to avoid opening the read post. Is that later mentioned feature already available? Somebody may please help me to find it. If the feature not available, any initiative to incorporate the feature will be greatly appreciated by everyone, I suppose. Thnx in advance, regards....

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:21 am
If the post is new and unread it has red color symbols. rest of the threads (old threads) are colorless/gray.

However, old threads are not necessarily read. It's not forums settings but web-browsers' (IE, firefox etc.). Unfortunately forum doesn't have any special symbol for it, but in your browser setting there's font-color-code. In most of the cases already visited threads (links in this case) have faint color than unread threads.
hope that helps.

Legendary Member

by real2008 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:15 am
aim-wsc wrote:If the post is new and unread it has red color symbols. rest of the threads (old threads) are colorless/gray.

However, old threads are not necessarily read. It's not forums settings but web-browsers' (IE, firefox etc.). Unfortunately forum doesn't have any special symbol for it, but in your browser setting there's font-color-code. In most of the cases already visited threads (links in this case) have faint color than unread threads.
hope that helps.
Can u pl. tell me what is change in browser setting to be done? I don't find any difference in color in my browser even after visiting a post (talking about post posted one or more than one day back).