730 - EmpowerGMAT helped me Beat The GMAT!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

730 - EmpowerGMAT helped me Beat The GMAT!

by aicliffor » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:00 pm
Hi everyone,

I just took the GMAT today and absolutely crushed it with a 730 - Q47 V42! Just wanted to share my experience for others out there who might have similar study experiences. I self-studied off and on from November to June of this year using MGMAT books, online course videos, and CATs. While I thought I was doing very well and understood the concepts, I took an MGMAT CAT and scored 650 which was disheartening. I really wanted to beat 700 and felt like I had plateaued with the MGMAT materials. I knew that I needed more on test strategy, and it seemed like EmpowerGMAT offered that more than any of the other test prep companies.

I tried the 24 hour trial of EmpowerGMAT in July and was immediately hooked! The strategies that I learned in the first week made a huge difference for me in my approach to OG questions straightaway. Due to work obligations, I was not able to study very much during late July and all of August, but I started studying very intensively in mid-September. I scheduled my GMAT for early November, and studied everyday with MGMAT books and EmpowerGMAT. The individual video solutions for each OG question on EmpowerGMAT were absolutely crucial while I was studying to get into the mind of the testmaker.

The unique EmpowerGMAT strategy on how to approach questions was EXACTLY what I needed - and what was lacking from the other test-prep companies. When I started taking GMAT Prep tests, I scored 700 on my first test, and 730 on my second test, and started to feel much better about the upcoming test.

Rich's podcast on psychological tactics during the test, as well as what to do during the last 24 hours before the GMAT, both made a big impact on me as well. When I felt like I was really zoning out during the verbal section, I did some breathing exercises for 10 seconds and returned to the test invigorated. I had no idea what to expect from my score report and was thrilled to see the 730 number! I can't thank the EmpowerGMAT team enough for their wonderful program.

I highly recommend EmpowerGMAT to anyone who feels like they are plateauing with any other company! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:27 pm
That's a fantastic score and many congratulations for your score however I believe that you have not much benefited in Quant section as much as you have in Verbal section because even if you look at percentile then you may observe that Quant percentile is in 70s whereas Verbal is in late 90 percentiles.

But nothing matters after getting such a prestigious score... Wish you all the best for your applications.

Prosper!!!
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:57 pm
Hi aicliffor,

That's OUTSTANDING news! You worked hard and put together a fantastic performance. With a 730/Q47, you're in position to apply to ANY Business School, so you should consider all of the possibilities and not hold back whatsoever. Some Test Takers become overly focused on percentiles, but Business Schools understand what the Scaled Scores actually "mean" and a Q47 is a great performance.

It sounds like you took to this whole process with the right attitude and energy - make sure to continue focusing that same energy into your applications and during your interviews and I imagine that you're going to have a number of Business School options to choose from. Have you thought about which programs you might want to apply to? Congratulations again!

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Joseph_Alexander » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:38 am
Congrats on your great score!

Can you please elaborate on this or share the link:"Rich's podcast on psychological tactics during the test, as well as what to do during the last 24 hours before the GMAT, both made a big impact on me as well."

Good luck with your applications! :)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by clm5170 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:06 am
Like Joseph,

I would also like links to those podcasts!

Thank you,
Cari