700- A New GMAT Assassin is Made!! Empower GMAT Testimonial

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by sepujr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:21 am
Dawgie wrote:Love all these brand new posters raving about Empower GMAT. Suspicious.
100% authentic student here (why don't you be polite and respectful, I invite you to read my very first post), no sponsorship from or connection to Empowergmat. Seriously, just wish I had discovered Empowergmat before spending thousands on other gmat prep companies.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Dawgie » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:55 am
If true, then my apologies.

Dawgie

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:04 pm
Hi selserougi,

For someone who's just beginning their GMAT studies, I recommend a 3-month Study Plan (regardless of the materials that are used). During that time, you should plan to study 10-15 hours per week and take practice CATs at regular intervals (but no more than 1 per week).

As an individual's goals, available study time, prior study, etc. vary, the Study Plan could also be adjusted. The GMAT is a big part (and in many cases, the BIGGEST part) of the application process; it affects the steps that come after (scholarships, applications, sometimes even job interviews), so you have to be prepared to put all of your best efforts into the process of studying for the Test. You also have to make sure that you have the proper guidance and resources to succeed.

Since Business Schools don't really care if you take the GMAT more than once, everyone has the opportunity to study as they see fit. For example, if you put together your own plan and earn a GMAT score that puts you in range of your Top Choice B-School, then great. If the plan does NOT work, then you can come up with a new plan - it will just cost more time, money and effort - and you might have to change your application plans.

Most Test Takers don't know enough about the intricacies of the process to score 700+ though. That's why GMAT Companies are here.

If you'd like some more specific information that will help you with your plan, then you can feel free to post it here or you can contact me directly.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by dfranc13 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:49 pm
Thank you Blauredan for sharing your journey! I am currently going through the same thing and it's very encouraging to see that you achieved your goal! I took the GMAT in June and scored 590, then again in September and scored 610. I'm at my wits end now since I need to start working on my applications soon to meet the January deadlines. Your story was just what I needed to continue pushing forward!