660 - (47Q, 34V)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

660 - (47Q, 34V)

by hockey27 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:11 pm
Hey guys,

Obviously I consider 660 to be a pretty good score, and definitely for good business schools up here in Canada it is more than adequate to get you acceptance. I am debating taking it again though, because I do feel I didn't quite prepare for the exam nearly as much as I should have (10 days). I went over a few things for verbal but mostly focused on Math because I assumed that the Verbal section would be easy (considering I'm a native english speaker) but in the end that's what ended up bringing my score down tremendously. So I do believe I could pull it up to a score in the mid 700's with a bit more study and effort, but do you think it would really be worth it considering I don't really plan on going to a school like Harvard or Stanford? University of Toronto, York University and Western are the current universities I am considering. Thanks for your help.

by hockey27 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:28 pm
Hey guys update... I just received a 6.0/6.0 on my AWA... I'm wondering will this perhaps make up for my deficiency in the verbal section of the exam? Thanks

AWA Preparation

by hockey27 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:41 am
Hey Guys,

I didn't do any preparation for the AWA. I've been writing essays since the 3rd or 4th grade and I do it so often that its not much of an issue. All I did was read the issue, list a few points I wanted to discuss, and then I wrote the essay. From my experience, this part of the exam is by far the easiest and if your a native english speaker who in high school and university wrote a fair share of essays you should be good.