650 GMAT and ACCEPTED to INSEAD – How I did it +interview

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ashlee1402 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:32 pm
congrats man!
hope we make through with such great achievements...

by ernest » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:19 am
Hi Woojet

Your post is indeed inspiring. Hope you are still in these forums as I am keen to apply to Insead Singapore and would love to speak to you for advice. Will send you a PM.

I find it tough when you really do not know the chances at all...

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by uniq01 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:11 pm
I know this is an older post, but it was revived with a recent reply and I was able to read what was originally posted by Woojet. I can't stress enough the importance of digging deep to tell a compelling story that grabs the attention of Ad Coms (and anyone else for that matter). People love to be inspired, and while a great GMAT score shows your analytical prowess, it is not what gets you admitted into top MBA programs in the world.

This is why I do what I do as an MBA Admissions Consultant. Long before deciding to help clients refine their stories and devise application strategies, I was an eager MBA hopeful like many of you and worried too much about the GMAT initially. I believe I was accepted into both top 10 schools I applied to, not bc of my GMAT score but bc of my story backed by professional, academic and personal accomplishments. Today, I'm an MBA graduate from a top 5 school with a great career and my own business helping clients uncover their uniqueness to present their best selves to the Ad Coms.

If you're looking for admission consultants to work with you using a holistic approach, check out our website and/or follow us on twitter.

Initial consultations are free and we'd love to hear from you!

Good luck to you all..and remember, the GMAT is important but it's only one part of the story.
uniqMBA Admissions Consulting
https://www.uniqmba.com
Follow @uniqmba

Contact us for a free initial consultation!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:39 pm
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Amazing job! Good debrief and words of wisdom.

Hi,

Surprisingly I came across this post so many years after it was posted. But I would appreciate if someone sees this and has any valuable feedback on my story:

Applied in R2 and got waitlisted- Indian male engineer , GMAT 690 (Q49, V35) (over represented pool and a low GMAT). I had good interviews and a lot of really good elements in the application (leadership, international experience, travel and community work/volunteering) - i had a chat with a few alumni and they suggested to re-take the GMAT.
From some students i got the feedback that INSEAD asks the waitlisted students to retake the GMAT if they feel that is the issue.
I have updated them about some recent promotions, additional portfolios and volunteering works that i took over since i last submitted my application - however i still couldn't bring myhead around taking the GMAT again .
I do not want to blow this because of a test score for sure, but I am confused.

Any suggestions?