60 Days GMAT

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

60 Days GMAT

by nasir » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:35 pm
i have subscribed for 60 days Gmat study guide. Got my first mail . i've got two questions.

1- i will be subscribing for premium account for more practice questions, would that also be included in 60 days guide ?

2- for " Kaplan's GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM " i ordered from "Kaplan store ". Below is the link please confirm if that's the correct book

https://store.kaptest.com/catalog/templa ... =T00050001

Kaplan GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM
By Kaplan
ISBN: 9781607142706
Publisher: Kaplan Publishing

Thank you

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:50 am
nasir wrote:i have subscribed for 60 days Gmat study guide. Got my first mail . i've got two questions.

1- i will be subscribing for premium account for more practice questions, would that also be included in 60 days guide ?

2- for " Kaplan's GMAT 2010-2011 Premier with CD-ROM " i ordered from "Kaplan store ". Below is the link please confirm if that's the correct book

https://store.kaptest.com/catalog/templa ... =T00050001

By Kaplan
ISBN: 9781607142706
Publisher: Kaplan Publishing

Thank you
Hi Nasir,

At the moment the 60 Day Study Guide does not include topic-by-topic references to the BTG Premium Practice Questions.
I would use the Practice Questions during the last 2 weeks, where each day is devoted to tackling practice questions (once you have completed all of the content during the first 6 weeks)

The link you included does not direct me to a book. Can you repost?

All the best,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by nasir » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:52 pm
Thank You Brent for your reply : i feel really excited about 60days guide. seems really helpful.

i am on day-5 though i didn't get my Kaplan book, ( i'm sure the book would be same as you suggested, there was only price difference as Amazon is selling for $69 and Kaplan store sold me for $39 ). right now im only working on OG and OG-Quant review.

About Practice question: i have upgraded for premium account, so what would you be suggesting, should i go for Practice questions too or should i wait until few weeks ?

About OG: do i need to check each and every explanation or only the incorrect answers ?

about Official Guide 12th Edition - Error Tracking Tool : i don't understand the " performance summary file "
how do i use it ?

P.S : i will be corresponding in the same thread for future problems/questions/feedbacks.

Thank you

Nasir

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:05 am
Hi Nasir,

I would wait until you have covered all of the math topics before tackling the math questions on the BTG Practice Questions. The same applies to the verbal content.

There are 2 weeks of practice time scheduled into the Study Guide, so this will give you plenty of time for this.

As far as OG questions go, I think it's useful to review the solutions to all math questions since there are 2 or more ways to solve each question, and you may learn a better approach for some question types. For verbal, you can just check the solutions for the questions you answered incorrectly.

Don't worry about the Performance Summary. We need to do a little work on that.

All the best,
Brent

nasir wrote:Thank You Brent for your reply : i feel really excited about 60days guide. seems really helpful.

i am on day-5 though i didn't get my Kaplan book, ( i'm sure the book would be same as you suggested, there was only price difference as Amazon is selling for $69 and Kaplan store sold me for $39 ). right now im only working on OG and OG-Quant review.

About Practice question: i have upgraded for premium account, so what would you be suggesting, should i go for Practice questions too or should i wait until few weeks ?

About OG: do i need to check each and every explanation or only the incorrect answers ?

about Official Guide 12th Edition - Error Tracking Tool : i don't understand the " performance summary file "
how do i use it ?

P.S : i will be corresponding in the same thread for future problems/questions/feedbacks.

Thank you

Nasir
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com