Welcome! Check out our free B-School Guides to learn how you compare with other applicants.
Login or Register

570 to 700 in 30 days with Manhattan GMAT

This topic has 6 member replies
ljposson Just gettin' started! Default Avatar
Posted:
2 messages
570 to 700 in 30 days with Manhattan GMAT Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:17 am
I just got my results. 700 with a 44 V 42 Q. I took the test last month and I scored 570 with a 36 V 32 Q. I bought the guided self study plus and watched all the lessons and classes, did 6 practice tests, and all the math books. For the first exam I studied the OG, Princeton Review, and Kaplan books available at Barnes and Noble. There is no comparison. I'm thirty, and haven't taken a fundamental math class since 1995. It took some work to knock the rust off. If you have the $ the program is the best I've seen. I heard about it on this site. Thanks

Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!

GMAT/MBA Expert

beatthegmat Site Admin
Posted:
6539 messages
Followed by:
799 members
Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:24 am
Congrats! Glad to hear the great results!

MBA Watch - Your one-stop shop for all MBA program research

lavall Just gettin' started! Default Avatar
Posted:
2 messages
Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:25 pm
I agree! I've just discovered Manhattan and am loving it, best answer explanations I've seen yet. Just wish I'd discovered it a little earlier, as I write in 4 days!

aim-wsc GMAT Titan
Posted:
2470 messages
Followed by:
13 members
Target GMAT Score:
801-
Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:30 pm
wow!
thats one of the rare kind of improvement I v seen!
Smile

ElleBee Just gettin' started! Default Avatar
Posted:
14 messages
Test Date:
June 2008
Target GMAT Score:
700+
Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:01 am
ljposson wrote:
I just got my results. 700 with a 44 V 42 Q. I took the test last month and I scored 570 with a 36 V 32 Q. I bought the guided self study plus and watched all the lessons and classes, did 6 practice tests, and all the math books. For the first exam I studied the OG, Princeton Review, and Kaplan books available at Barnes and Noble. There is no comparison. I'm thirty, and haven't taken a fundamental math class since 1995. It took some work to knock the rust off. If you have the $ the program is the best I've seen. I heard about it on this site. Thanks
That's amazing and inspiring! I just started with the Manhattan GMAT books and so far I really like them. Thanks for letting us know it went so well! Smile Good luck to you!!! Very Happy

yokomariners Just gettin' started! Default Avatar
Posted:
2 messages
Target GMAT Score:
Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:14 pm
Congrats ljposson
Team,
I took the test in Feb this year scored 570 Q44, V 25 ( missed 3 questions on math, only because I had hit confirm while I was thinking about the answer). Anyways, i am 33 yrs old. want to get an MBA in opertaions for my career advancement.
Dont know what to do next ?
I want to improve my verbals alone. what is the best way ?
I dont live in the US, so Manhattan is not for me..its a little too expensive as well. I came to know of an institute in India, but he is charging something like manhattan. I am not able to afford it. Is there any place else I can buy used material only fo verbal. I want to improve my verbals score. I am NOT a avid reader. HOw to handle this and master my reading ability. My reading speed is slow/average.
Pls advice
Yoko

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:36 am
Hi, can you tell me, which institute are you talking about ?

Best Conversation Starters

1 abhasjha 42 topics
2 shibsriz@gmail.com 32 topics
3 phanikpk 18 topics
4 prernamalhotra 13 topics
5 qwerty12321 13 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

174 posts
2 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow