570 GMAT- Q50 and V19

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Biso » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:31 am
1) i took 7 prep tests total, only one (the last) was a full length test (a mistake)
2) yes i took all tests at home
3) i took all tests inthe morning at 8-9am, test was at 10:30am
4) All CAT tests were uninterrupted. Just the 8 minute break at the end of the wuant section and on the last prep test i took the 2 breaks
5) Yes the i repeared the first 2 prep tests were repeated once, however my highest and 2nd highest verbal scores were on new tests. Most repeated questions were quantitative.

It would be great if tou can give me a clear steps/study plan for the next few weeks to improve my verbal score to V36+ and maintain my Q score or improve it to Q50

I really appreciate your support

Thanks a lot
Biso

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:45 am
Hi Biso,

Test Day is a rather specific 'event' - the details are specific and they matter, so you have to train as best as you can for all of them. The more realistic you can make your CATs, the more likely the score results are to be accurate. The more you deviate, the more "inflated" your scores can become - and that's what happened here. By skipping sections, taking the CATs at home, retaking CATs, etc., you weren't properly training for the FULL GMAT 'experience.'

Thankfully, this is a relatively easy set of problems to fix. The big question now is "how long will it take you to properly get 'used to' taking the full GMAT?" A few weeks will probably NOT be enough time. You'll certainly need a new set of practice CATs to work with and you have to put in the necessary time to train your brain (and body) for the FULL GMAT. Raising a V19 to a V36+ will take some serious effort though - you'll likely have to learn/practice some new Tactics and you might also need to invest in some new GMAT training materials.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by sukhman » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:32 am
Hi I Read your posts , May I suggest Powerscore Critical Reasoning bible for improving CR and for RC ; you need lots of practice and be confident for each question type. Did you attend Jamboree weekly Advanced webinars ? I suggest Crackverbal /E-GMAT for improving these areas. E-GMAT has verbal live prep courses where weekly webinars/ Liveclases are held . He is right you need to practice from official material, there is lot of material available , OLD GMAT prep questions which are retired ( not available now in GMATPrep ) 10 th , 11th , 12 th and 13th official guides , you just need to search for it online on amazon.in or amazon.com.