5 days to go....what should I do???

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

5 days to go....what should I do???

by GMAT? » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:57 pm
Hi,

I've got 5 days to go to GMAT. I have them off work. I've been preparing for the last 3.5 months. Scoring about 650 on GMAT Prep. Hoping to push this upto 680 on the day.

I've been working from OG 10th Edition mostly - Have been through it. I have got both the Kaplan and PR books but only used them to learn concepts and haven't practised the questions.

How should I approach the last 5 days......Need to puch the score up 30-40 points.

Thanks in advance, friends,

Community Manager
Followed by:1 members

by wildrebel » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:07 pm
My advice would be to just relax. There's nothing magical you can do in 5 days, but with a peaceful mind, you could probably do some magic in those 5 hours at the test center.

Solve a few questions every now and then to ensue you're not rusty, but taper off till your last day. On the day before, try as much as you can NOT to study, but to do something that relaxes you. Watch a movie, go for a walk, meet some friends, listen to music, help your neighbours with housework! Anything that calms you down and relaxes your mind.

Also, map out where the test center is, so you reach on time. And try and ensure your body cycle is used to the test time. If your test is early in the morning, make sure these next 5 days you wake up well before the test time, and you're wide awake when you're test is supposed to be happening.

Other than that, just go in with confidence that you've done the best you can do, and you'll get a good result.

All the best!
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
- Groucho Marx