380 on first attempt - Need help on study plan!

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello,

I need some advice! I have scored a terrible 380 in my first attempt on real GMAT. I had a bad experience just before going to the test centre and was late there by 10 minutes. I had given the exam in a very panicky situation. I think I can partly blame the situation for my bad score as I had been consistently scoring a 540 to 550 in my mocks. Though not a considerable score, I think I could have crossed at least a 530 on real gmat.

I am planning to retake the GMAT sometime in the last week of Sept'14. Have exactly two months. I have signed up for the Magoosh Premium plan and also have the Manhattan strategy guides, Princeton materials and the OG. I am unable to set up a proper plan so that I can score at least a 620-650 if not more.

Please advice me on my study plan for two months.

Thanks in advance :)

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:00 am
Hello, GMAT80! I am sorry to hear you did not perform as well as you expected on your GMAT exam. It sounds as if you have a good handle on some of the things you could do differently. You may want to take a look at some of the study resources we have available on mba.com: https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exam ... -exam.aspx. Knowing your strengths and weaknesses will also go a long way toward crafting a study strategy that works for you.

You may also want to re-post your question to the main GMAT Strategy forum, where other test-takers and GMAT prep tutors can help you. This is the forum thread to ask questions to GMAC, the makers of the GMAT exam and, unfortunately, we cannot help you with specific study strategy.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!